Saturday, February 02, 2013

Special Thanks: Seth McCarthy

As the hour of Test-Driven Database Development: Unlocking Agility draws nearer, I'm left with less to do and more time to reflect.  It was a lot of work and, no doubt, I did much of the work.  There are numerous people who have been in some way responsible for the current shape of the book.

One of those people is Seth McCarthy.  Seth is a friend I acquired upon moving to Central Oregon.  As a good friend, he offered to read early chapters of the book.

One thing that makes Seth unique as a friend is that he is not afraid to give harsh criticism when it is deserved.  For some people, I'm sure, that's a problem but for me it worked perfectly.  There's a reason that you won't see any of the original chapters if you read my book and most of it derives from Seth being willing to tell me I was pompous, long-winded and (worst of all) off topic.

Thanks, Seth, for being technically competent and forthright enough to spare me the abject failure the first incarnation of my book surely would have been.