Monday, February 25, 2013

Special Thanks: Alan Shalloway

Well, it looks like the release of Test-Driven Database Development: Unlocking Agility is less than a week away now.

I'd like to thank the guy who is in charge of the Net Objectives Lean-Agile Series: Alan Shalloway.  Not just for inviting me to publish in the series but for helping shape me as a professional.

It's probably hard for you to imagine but the warm, fuzzy, forgiving, and benevolent Max Guernsey you know was not always that way. I used to be a lot meaner and a lot less tolerant of foolishness.  Al, among other people, took the time to guide me to a more functional way of dealing with people.  I think there's some irony in the fact that he taught me to be a little better at dealing with people by helping me value other people getting a little better at programming.

So thanks, Al, for your patient guidance and mentorship.  I'm certainly not done getting better at dealing with people but I am started and you played a big role in that.