Tuesday, December 03, 2013

A Class of Databases for Non-Middle-Tier-Developers?

As I previously mentioned, you can use the sample code for my book as a starting point to establish a class of databases and you can also inexpensively write one for yourself.

However, if you don't want to do any non-SQL coding and you don't want to use the infrastructure I built and made freely available, it might get a little stickier.  At least it would for me because the test frameworks and expressiveness available for SQL-only solutions is kind of weak.

One option is to write something yourself.  If you do that, I'd love to hear about it and I bet a lot of other people would too.

Another option is to wait for the release of DataClass 3.  Maybe you could even participate in its design to make sure it meets your needs.  Right now, it is being made by a software developer for software developers.

If you need something now, though, you'll need to invest in developing something yourself or try downloading and compiling the sample code to see if it will work for you out of the box, which it easily could do.