Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012 Year in Review: Sleight of Mind Series

I took the plunge.  After years of excuses and "having too much going on in my life," I finally decided to put something I wrote out there.  I'm not talking about a professional writing, of course.  I'm not talking about political prose either.

I'm talking about the Sleight of Mind series.  It's the first body of fiction that I've ever tried to actually sell, or even allowed someone outside my family to read.  Even though I generally don't worry too much about what other people think and I'm not known for being overly sensitive, I did have to overcome some trepidation in order to release this product.

Maybe it's good.  Maybe it's not.  Maybe it's good and the market will never realize it.  Maybe it's terrible and the market will reward it anyway.  Maybe something else entirely will happen.  One thing is certain: you can't win if you don't play.

A lot of people were involved in me getting off my butt and doing this.  Friends who reviewed early versions and gave me honest-ish feedback, for one.  Even more credit, however, must go to my elusive and secretive wife.

I won't mention her name on account of her elusiveness and secretiveness.  I will say that she is heavily involved in reviewing the works and keeps them mostly defect free almost single-handedly.  Without her eye for detail, I probably wouldn't get anywhere with anything at all.

Oh and, by the way, today is your last day to get episode 3 free for quite a while.