Saturday, March 20, 2010

Living without Dryer Sheets

Now that I live in Bend, one of my biggest problems is static electricity.  Every time that I reach for my computer at work, I get shocked; sometimes hard enough that the affected finger goes a little numb for a few minutes.

Another problem I have is that I am lazy.  Horribly, horribly lazy... at least when it comes to mundane things.  Ask my wife, she'll confirm: I'm the laziest person there is.  Think you're the laziest?  Wrong.  It's me.

So, long story short: I don't have dryer sheets because I am too lazy to walk across the street and buy them.  So my static electricity problem is worse than ever before.

Problem: My pants carry too high a static charge.

Solution: Wrap them around the faucet while I'm brushing my teeth.

Faucets are pretty well grounded things.  Wrapping your clothes around them for a few minutes will drain them of most of their static charge.

So, if you are lazy and don't want to go get dryer sheets - or maybe your one of those new-age enviro-douches who lives in constant fear of the dryer-sheet-ocolypse... whatever the case, if you don't want to use dryer sheets use the faucet to de-staticify your clothes before you wear them.  You have my personal guarantee that it will work.*

* Personal guarantees made by Max Guernsey, III are backed by nothing.  Void where prohibited.  Void where permitted.