Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another Article Submitted

I've submitted a third article about architecture to InformIT.  This will probably be my last one for a while.  I want to go back to focusing on the database stuff.  This most recent article has a moderately interesting story.

It started out as a position statement: Encapsulation is the most important thing in architecture.  Encapsulation is already the most important thing in any software development effort, so that ended up coming off a little pompous.

I then rewrote it as something that addressed the root motivation which underlies encapsulation: longevity.  That article ended up being interesting but it didn't talk enough about encapsulation, which was the original point of the original article.

I settled on the working title "Five Tips to Maximize Encapsulation in Your Architecture" and I have received word that it will be published on February 20th, 2014.

I'll post a link when it is published.