Saturday, January 08, 2011

Agile Database Development: From Requirements to Delivery

I've received, signed, and returned a contract for my upcoming book, Agile Database Development: From Requirements to Delivery, scheduled for release in 2012. We'll see whether the "From Requirements to Delivery" part of the title survives the book development process. Regardless, the scope of the book will run that gamut.

Something I've noticed - and I really noticed this when I got my first publication contract for Transition Testing: Cornerstone of Database Agility - is that there is nothing like a contract to focus your attention on a project. It's not even the deadline, which I feel was extremely generous on the part of my publisher. It's those words that rattle around in the back of your mind...

This is really happening. The ball is in your court, now.

There is nothing like it to motivate someone. At least, there is nothing like it to motivate me.